The MyCPU can be used as webserver. The software package that is available for download
contains an ethernet driver for the 10Base-T interface and the required TCP/IP-Stack
including a simple HTTP/1.0 server program.
The main part of this website (except file downloads) is served by a MyCPU system!
But sometimes the side may be served by a backup server.
The side you are viewing is served by MyCPU when
this image is displayed at the main page (press "go back" to verify this):
<< go back |
Some technical details about the Webserver:
Click here to see some server statistics: Website Counters and
- MyCPU-System with 8 MHz clock frequency and 1MB RAM
- The website is stored on a CompactFlash-Card
- Other peripherials are: Interrupt Controller, Ethernet Board
- The power consumption of this setup is approximately 5 Watt
- The Server can handle up to 5 Webbrowser simultaneously
- Maximum download speed is approximately 400 kBit/s
- Internet Connection is done via a DSL line with 1024kBit/s upstream
- The TCP/IP-Stack is uIP 1.0 and was compiled from C to asm "by hand"
- The server software (TCP/IP, Ethernet driver, Webserver) fits into 20kb codespace
- Dynamic website generation via CGI (server side modules) is supported
The picture shows the Webserver with the "Page Hit" - counter.
The installed boards (from left to right) are:
CPU, Interrupt Controller,
Memory with Extension, IDE Controller with CF-Card, Ethernet Card.
Click to see a Video of the MyCPU webserver in action.
Wednesday, 2009-03-18, was a day with very high web traffic. On that day my website was visited
1050 times, and my
litte 8-bit webserver had to transmit 505 MB of data. The picture
below shows the webserver 'in action', serving three
connections at once.